The Girlforce blog is calling for submissions!
”My story is important not because it is mine…but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way.”
PURPOSE: The Girlforce blog is going to be primarily focused on community and connection. It is our hope that through your voices, we can all learn, connect and achieve – both professionally and personally. We hope that it can be a source of inspiration to other techy do-gooders and those who want to expand their borders and grow professionally and personally.
- Please submit posts via the Google form: http://goo.gl/forms/R1gbp69w7V
- Submissions should be less than or equal to 750 words. There are “idea topics” below.
- Although Girlforce is a group centered around those identifying as women who work in nonprofit technology, please note that we are interested in hearing from both men and women. The “idea topics” vary slightly from men to women, so please review the appropriate list.
- Your salesforce journey – becoming a SFDC admin, why you chose to do that, how it will help your nonprofit, how you use SFDC in your nonprofit, involvement in the first ever GF study group…
- How did you get involved in nonprofit technology? What drew you in about Salesforce? Why did you choose it for your npo? How did you get where you are?
- Work/Personal Life Balance: How are you able to juggle all the responsibilities you have in the many roles you play? What are some helpful things you’ve learned in the process of becoming a respected professional woman? With all the hats you wear, how do you maintain balance and equilibrium?
- Passion: What are you passionate about? What has changed your life (either personally or professionally)? How are you making a difference in the world around us?
- Being a Woman in NPO Tech: What challenges do you face as a woman in nonprofit technology? What challenges do you face a woman in the corporate world?
- Your area of expertise: Obviously you’re all professionals in the Salesforce arena, but what particular area of expertise do you love to focus on?
- Art and life: How do you infuse art and personal expression into a life neatly characterized by dots and dashes?
- A letter to Her: If you had a platform to speak to the girl you were at 13, and all the girls like you who are out there, what would you say to that girl?
- Anything else that lights your fire!
We hope to read your story soon!